Important Information for 2019-20 School Year
We would like to wish all Bedford South families a wonderful and restful summer!
The administration and staff appreciate your support as we work together to develop our students' minds and hearts.
Enjoy the time spent with your children and send them back to us in September...well, happy, and ready to succeed!
Here is some information for the start of the new 2019-20 school year!
- Late Registration Day: The school will be open on Wednesday, August 28, 2019 from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm for late registrations. To find out which school your child(ren) should register at, please go to the School Locator http://mybaragar.com/index.cfm?event=page.SchoolLocatorPublic&DistrictCode=NS54 and enter your address. At the time of registration, parents/guardians must present: 1) child's proof of age and legal name (as listed on birth certificate, passport, immigration papers, legal name change certificate or adoption documents), 2) proof of residency (ie, current utility bill), 3) Nova Scotia Health Card (MSI) or proof of medical insurance, 4) proof of legal guardianship/custody (if applicable) and 5) immigration documents (if new to Canada). Please bring these documents with you to the school. For more information on registration, please go to https://www.hrce.ca/registration
- School Supply Lists: School supply lists can be found here https://bsb.hrce.ca/bsb/parents/school-supplies-lists-2019-20
- BusPlanner: For information regarding student transportation, please go to https://bsb.hrce.ca/bsb/parents/busplanner-student-transportation
- Classroom Lists: Please make note of your child's Student ID# when you receive their Term 3 report card. On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 after 3:30 pm, the new class lists for 2019-20 school year will be posted at the main entrance of the school. You must have your child's Student ID# to determine their assigned class. Student names are not used, only the Student ID#.
- Parent Portal: Alternatively, you may also check the Student-Parent Portal when it opens for the 2019-20 school year and will be able to see the name of your child's new teacher. BUT, please be aware that this information may change right up until school begins on September 5, 2019.
- New Primary Students: All parents/guardians of new primary students will receive a letter in August with the name of their child's teacher and a balloon colour that you should look for on the first day of school where you will meet your child's teacher. The letter will also provide your child's Student ID# which is needed for the Student-Parent Portal and for BusPlanner.
- First Day of School: The first day of school for the 2019-20 school year is on Thursday, September 5th at 8:35 am. Teachers will be holding signs with their name. The class names are also posted on the entrance doors that each class will be using, so students should gather at the appropriate entrance door.